The IAP2 BC YT Chapter is looking for enthusiastic individuals who are passionate about IAP2 to join our Board of Directors in 2024. We are looking for candidates to fill roles including:
- Vice President
- Director-at-Large (7 positions)
For a more detailed outline of responsibilities, please see the position descriptions below.
If you are interested in a position, please submit your completed nomination form to: firstname.lastname@example.org by Wednesday, September 6, 2023
General Eligibility Requirements for all Candidates
A candidate for election as a Board member must:
- be a member of IAP2 Canada in good standing for at least 1 year prior to applying for a position as an Executive Officer
- not be disqualified from being a Director of a company under section 124 of the BC Business Corporations Act,
- consent to the nomination, and
- commit to a full term of two years.
All Executive Officers and Directors-at-Large duly elected or acclaimed are expected to fulfill the following:
- Conduct themselves professionally and upholds the integrity of the Association in their interactions
- Attendance on monthly online meetings of one hour,
- Attendance at annual planning session in early 2024,
- Attendance at Annual General Meeting in late 2024,
- Lead, attend and support events and initiatives (promote, assist in coordination, etc.) and collaborate with other Board members via monthly working groups
- Utilize personal and professional networks to raise awareness of and contribute to the success of IAP2 BC YT.
Executive Officer Eligibility Requirements
- Supervises the other officers in the execution of their duties,
- Chairs all meetings of the Executive and all general meetings of the members,
- Is the primary Chapter liaison and contact person between the Chapter and IAP2 Canada,
- Is the main contact person and spokesperson for the Chapter, and
- Has the powers and duties generally pertaining to the office of President, subject to any restrictions imposed by the Executive.
- Supports the president and other officers in the execution of their duties,
- Chairs meetings on behalf of the president when required,
- Attends regular meetings with IAP2 Canada as the supporting Chapter liaison and contact person for the Chapter
- Acts on behalf of the president as the contact and spokesperson for the Chapter when required
- a) Issues monthly agendas and keep minutes of meetings
- b) Is responsible for the correspondence of the Chapter,
- c) Manages and has custody of all records and documents of the Chapter except those which will be kept by the Treasurer,
- d) Carries out other duties as determined by Executive resolution.