Get connected to qualified applicants or relevant job postings, find training or events that interest you, or promote an event or service. Visit often to see what’s new. All postings are reviewed and monitored.
Public Affairs Coordinator
TransLink is hiring a Public Affairs Coordinator on a 12 month term.
- Coordinates with TransLink and subsidiary departments to deliver public consultation programs for enterprise plans, programs and policies.
- Develops, maintains and continually expands a network of contacts, including members of the public, community associations, local organizations, the business community, educational institutions, special interest and industry groups, and internal customers, to provide effective public consultation and community engagement and to promote TransLink’s image and effectiveness.
- Follows TransLink’s Principles for Public Consultation and Community Engagement to establish external and internal stakeholder lists and develops and delivers presentations related to TransLink projects and plans.
- Responds to inquiries, concerns and comments from various stakeholders, provides information updates, and maintains TransLink’s Consultation web page.
- Utilizes specialized software to capture stakeholder lists and comments.
- Coordinates events such as public open houses, information sessions, round table sessions, local government meetings, etc., determining information content, design and layout of various presentation materials. Identifies, coordinates and oversees TransLink’s participation in various community events and conventions.
- Responds to inquiries related to assigned projects, prepares briefing notes on relevant issues, and drafts consultation plans and work timelines as required.
- Attends meetings on behalf of project team and acts as a delegate to project committees.
- Liaises with project consultants and Corporate and Public Affairs students assigned to projects.
Education: Requires completion of a two-year diploma program in business, communications or related field from a recognized institute of technology, with courses in public relations and marketing, as well as standard office software applications.
Experience: Requires two and a half (2.5) years previous experience in public relations, involving developing and optimizing contacts, making presentation to groups, and promoting public consultation and community engagement. A further period of up to one (1) year in the position is required to develop internal and external contacts, to know and understand a diverse group of stakeholders, and to have a good understanding of TransLink’s project and planning processes, including the Principles of Public Consultation and Community Engagement.
Website Volunteer and Employment Posting Policy
IAP2 BC and Yukon accepts both volunteer and employment postings as a value-added service and career enhancement opportunity for IAP2 BC members. Postings may describe positions available or link to a more comprehensive listing, however postings cannot advertise or promote a business or service.
Please send your posting to email@example.com, and we will follow up with you as soon as we are able.