Get connected to qualified applicants or relevant job postings, find training or events that interest you, or promote an event or service. Visit often to see what’s new. All postings are reviewed and monitored.
The City of West Kelowna is seeking a dynamic Communications Manager, reporting to the Director of Corporate Initiatives, to join our growing team. This role is responsible to provide strong leadership and strategically manage the communications and engagement portfolio, and provide corporate initiatives support across departments to deliver Council’s priorities. Equally important to task management is leading and collaborating with our teams and with our community in the most positive and people-focused way.
This position is responsible to lead our internal and external communications planning, implementation, evaluation and meet budget targets. The incumbent will draft and oversee print and electronic materials, increase our digital presence, and increase stakeholder and community relations, such as through meetings, open houses, events and social media. This position will also implement an integrated communications and partnership approach that further develops positive and trusting relationships. Effective issue prevention and management strategies are also vital as we enhance our service levels.
We are seeking a leader who will develop and lead presentations, stakeholder meetings, announcements and events with confidence and dependability. The incumbent will have the public relations education and experience that will result in increased strategy and tactical effectiveness that benefits our team and community. This position will also provide the media with timely, transparent and accurate information through print and digital communications, and conduct interviews as one of our media spokespersons.
Required Education, Knowledge and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in related discipline, or equivalent combination of education and experience;
- Minimum 5 years of directly-related experience, including supervisory experience preferably in a local government environment;
- Proven experience managing communication and engagement plans, major initiatives and collateral materials that combines multiple tools and methods with effective results;
- Demonstrated ability to successfully manage fast-paced and competing priorities with diplomacy;
- High degree of organization and effective time management;
- Must thrive in a collaborative team environment and champion positive change and growth;
- Proven strategic thinking for complex projects and issues management experience;
- Recognized in the industry as a team leader who builds and maintains positive relationships at all levels.
This permanent, full-time exempt position offers a competitive salary, benefits package and municipal pension plan.
HOW TO APPLY
Applications are accepted online at www.westkelownacity.ca/jobs. We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Applications open until March 2, 2020
Senior Communications Specialist, Community Affairs
The Senior Communications Specialist, Community Affairs is responsible for developing and implementing a wide range of communications and community affairs strategies to support BC Housing’s corporate priorities. Key responsibilities include developing and implementing communications and engagement strategies for major new construction, redevelopment and renovation initiatives; creating and implementing tenant communications strategies to support change management initiatives; and implementing outreach initiatives to support BC Housing’s role in developing, protecting and maintaining affordable housing in British Columbia. The incumbent also provides task direction, oversight and mentorship to Community Affairs team members responsible for event logistics and material creation for community engagement initiatives, as required.
The successful candidate will have the following:
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or advanced diploma in communications, public engagement or other relevant discipline.
- Minimum of four years progressively related experience in communications in the field of community relations, public engagement, strategic communications planning, issues management, and event planning and execution, in a public sector environment.
- Prior experience in media relations is an asset.
Or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience acceptable to the employer.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of the philosophy, theories and principles of communications, specifically in the public sector environment
- Strong knowledge and understanding of public engagement best practices
- Proficient in the use of MS Office applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook)
- Strong verbal, writing, editing, and presentation skills
- Strong interpersonal, organizational and time-management skills
- Ability to work closely with internal and external partners and stakeholders in planning and implementing community engagement strategies, provide strategic communications advice, and facilitate problem solving in achieving results
- Ability to plan, coordinate and oversee the execution of a variety of events and announcements
- Ability to write, prepare and post content to websites for both internal and external audiences
- Ability to develop compelling collateral materials using a combination of visuals and strong writing
- Ability to work effectively with social media platforms
- Ability to analyze, problem-solve, mediate and mitigate difficult situations
- Ability to work with a variety of partners and stakeholders, agencies and contractors
- Ability to work independently and as a team player and provide team leadership on various projects
- Ability to work under tight deadlines and pressures, with scrupulous attention to details
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information in an appropriate manner while displaying a high degree of judgement, discretion and decision-making ability
- Ability to travel on Commission business and work evenings and weekends as required
- Valid BC Driver’s License and must meet requirements to qualify for rental car insurance
HOW TO APPLY
Please review the attached job description for a complete list of duties, qualifications and competencies. To be considered for this competition, applicants must submit a cover letter and resume clearly identifying how they meet the qualifications necessary for this position. This information will be used as part of the selection process.
Website Volunteer and Employment Posting Policy
IAP2 BC and Yukon accepts both volunteer and employment postings as a value-added service and career enhancement opportunity for IAP2 BC members. Postings may describe positions available or link to a more comprehensive listing, however postings cannot advertise or promote a business or service.
Please send your posting to email@example.com, and we will follow up with you as soon as we are able.