The Donald Golob IAP2 BC and Yukon Awards
Purpose: To provide recognition to individuals who have demonstrated leadership in advancing IAP2 Core Values and have made valuable contributions to the IAP2 organization by advocating for strong governance and values-based processes either through their practice and/or through their service on the IAP2 BC and Yukon Executive and/or in their own practice’s noteworthy actions to enhance the provincial, national and international profile of IAP2.
Eligibility: Individuals who have active membership in IAP2 Canada and have made outstanding contributions to IAP2 BC and Yukon. Two awards will be given each year if applicable candidates are nominated.
One award will be given to an Active member of IAP2 Canada that is in the BC and Yukon Chapter.
One award will be given to a Student Member of IAP2 Canada that is in the BC and Yukon Chapter.
Nomination: Nominations for the Donald Golob Award may be made by any IAP2 Canada member and shall consist of:
- A letter of nomination, setting forth the reason the candidate should receive the reward;
- An overview of the candidates activities to support the nomination
The Donald Golob Award Committee will select the recipients. The Committee will consist of three IAP2 BC and Yukon members.
The nominee’s contribution provides tangible, and/or measurable, and/or observable advancement, improvement, enhancement and/or growth to the practice of P2.
The contribution and/or services may be several continuing contributions or services over a period of many years.
The awards are intended to honor the recipients and to highlight their character and reputation as well as honour the memory of Donald Golob’s contribution to IAP2.
- Announcements will take place during the IAP2 BC and Yukon AGM
- Nomination deadline: prior to November 8th
- The Donald Golob Award Committee will provide its recommendation to the IAP2 BC and Yukon Executive
- The recipient will be notified prior to the IAP2 BC and Yukon AGM
- The award will be presented at IAP2 BC and Yukon AGM
Form of Award: $500 to be used for registration for an IAP2 Conference or professional development.
The Donald Golob Award is funded jointly by IAP2 Canada and IAP2 BC and Yukon.
About Donald Golob (1955-2015)
Donald started Donald Golob Consulting in 1995 in North Vancouver to provide facilitation, public participation, and strategic planning services. He was past president and one of the founding members of IAP2 BC and Yukon. He believed strongly in the values of public participation and made significant contributions to the BC Chapter, IAP2 Canada, and International.
Purpose: To provide funding to cover the coast of IAP2 Canada membership fee to individuals who have demonstrated a need to become a member and require financial support to cover the cost of membership.
Eligibility: Individuals who are actively involved in the practice of engagement and are seeking to expand their network and professional development through membership with IAP2 Canada. Individuals who apply must provide reasons as to why they require the funding grant.
- Two grants will be awarded annually for Individual membership.
- Two grants will be awarded annually for Student/Young Professional membership.
Applications: Application for membership grants may be made anytime during the year and the application form must be completed in full.
IAP2 BC and Yukon Board will review the applications and contact successful grant applicants.
- Applications can be received at any time throughout a calendar year
- Applications will be reviewed within 2 weeks of receipt.
- Applicants will be contacted within 4 weeks of receipt.
Form of Grant: Cost of Individual or Student Membership will be paid directly to IAP2 Canada on behalf of the applicant when the applicant completes all requirements of membership.