The Donald Golob IAP2 BC and Yukon Award
Purpose: To provide recognition to an individual who has demonstrated outstanding leadership in advancing IAP2 Core Values, and has made valuable contributions to the IAP2 organization as a “voice of the membership” by advocating for strong governance and values-based processes either through their practice and/or through their service on the IAP2 BC and Yukon Executive and/or in their own practice’s noteworthy actions to enhance the provincial, national and international profile of IAP2.
Eligibility: Individual who has made outstanding contributions to IAP2 BC and Yukon
Nomination: Nominations for the Donald Golob Award may be made by any IAP2 member and shall consist of:
- A letter of nomination, setting forth the reason the candidate should receive the reward;
- A resume of the candidates activities and reputation supporting the nomination; and,
- A letter seconding the recommendation from a colleague who is also familiar with the nominee’s activities/reputation warranting the award
Method of Selection
Nominations to be submitted to email@example.com
The Donald Golob Award Committee selects an individual. The Committee will consist of two IAP2 BC and Yukon members and one IAP2 Canada member.
The nominee’s contribution provides tangible, and/or measurable, and/or observable advancement, improvement, enhancement and/or growth to the practice of P2.
The contribution and/or services may be a number of continuing contributions or services over a period of many years.
The attributes described in the first criteria bullet above determined to be present in the candidate’s history are then weighed, valued or otherwise compared to determine that the candidate is more deserving of recognition via the Donald Golob Award than his/her contemporaries.
The award when made will bring honor to IAP2 BC and Yukon as well as the recipient by virtue of how and by whom the recommendations were made, the character and reputation of the recipient and thus honoring the memory of Donald Golob’s contribution to IAP2.
- Announcements are made at the IAP2 BC and Yukon AGM
- Nomination deadline: prior to November 8th
- The Donald Golob Award Committee will provide its recommendation to the IAP2 BC and Yukon Executive
- The recipient will be notified prior to the IAP2 BC and Yukon AGM
- The award will be presented at IAP2 BC and Yukon AGM
Form of Award: $500 to be used for registration for an IAP2 Conference or professional development.
The Donald Golob Award is funded jointly by IAP2 Canada and IAP2 BC and Yukon.
About Donald Golob (1955-2015)
Donald started Donald Golob Consulting in 1995 in North Vancouver to provide facilitation, public participation, and strategic planning services. He was past president and one of the founding members of IAP2 BC and Yukon. He believed strongly in the values of public participation and made significant contributions to the BC Chapter, IAP2 Canada, and International.