Welcome to the west coast chapter of the International Association for Public Participation (IAP2) Canada. We are an Association seeking to promote and improve the practice of public participation with individuals, governments, institutions, and other entities that affect the public interest in British Columbia, Canada and around the world. This new website has been developed to support our members and to further the practice of public participation at the local level. Take a few moments to explore the site and see what new resources are available and learn how you can contribute.
Message from the President
Greetings to all BC and Yukon Chapter members,
I am anticipating a great year for the Chapter, in large part due to the work of past Board Members, and because the incoming Board is a group of enthusiastic and talented people.
I want to acknowledge the dedication and commitment of past President, Lisa Moilanen, who along with the Board set out a clear path for growth and development of the Chapter. I also want to thank past Board members; Anthea Brown, Andrea Winkler, and Heidi Klein. Along with Lisa, they collectively contributed 23 years in their roles on the Board.
I also want to thank the incoming Board Members, some of whom are returning and many who are new to the Board:
- Kari O’Rourke, Vice President – new Board Member from Kelowna
- Natasha Horseman, Secretary – returning Board Member from Vancouver
- Monique Beaudry, Treasurer – new Board Member from Vancouver
- Michael Meyer, Member Services Coordinator – returning Board Member from Vancouver
- Marci Hotsenpiller, Training Coordinator – returning Board Member from Vancouver Island
- Ali Versi, Youth Coordinator – new Board Member from Vancouver
- Mary Chudley, Director at Large – returning Board Member from Vancouver Island
- Kevin Shipalesky, Director at Large – new Board Member from Vancouver
- Katelyn McDougall, Director at Large – new Board Member from Vancouver
- Emily Jarvis, Director at Large – new Board Member from the Yukon
I am looking forward to working together as a Board to continue to grow and support the BC and Yukon Chapter. Early in 2019 the Board will meet to plan for the upcoming year and determine how to continue the phenomenal growth of our membership, which grew by almost 40% this past year, as well as how we can support the professional goals of members and create opportunities for networking.
To support the Board in our planning we are asking all members to please take a few minutes to complete our 2019 Member Survey. We want to know what kind of events you want us to host, and how often you’d like to participate in our events in 2019.
I am looking forward to the year ahead and getting to know more of our members. I am grateful for the opportunity to be a member of the BC and Yukon Chapter and the many prospects to grow and learn together.
IAP2 BC Chapter President
IAP2 BC 2019 Member Survey
Please take a few minutes to fill out the survey and let us know what you’d like to see from our events in 2019.
Didn’t receive a copy? Contact us to update your email address on file.
Interested in joining or renewing your membership? Visit IAP2canada.ca.