16 Jul 2019 to 17 Jul 2019
Members, enter the discount code: CHAPTER for $125 off.
Does this sound familiar?
- Are your projects failing to move forward because of public opposition?
- Are your staff regularly faced with an angry public at meetings?
- Is your organization perceived as untrustworthy or unresponsive?
- Is decision-making fraught with polarized viewpoints & stalled on how to move ahead?
- Does it feel like your relationship with the people you serve or interact with is all about us versus them?
- Is the media covering your every move?
This two-day training course combines the work of risk communication expert Dr. Peter Sandman with the International Association for Public Participation (IAP2) core concepts for meaningful and effective public engagement.
In these challenging times of environmental, health, cultural, economic and social change this course will give you strategies and behaviours to enhance quality outcomes, even when communities and stakeholders are emotional or outraged.
Development of this course was led by Stephani Roy McCallum in 2009, and an update of course materials in 2017 reflects the current context of today’s charged environment. The workshop is practical, hands-on participatory mix of video, lecture, group exercises and decades of real world experience in engaging the public in high stakes, high conflict situations.
More information in the attached flyer here.
You can register by clicking this link.